Dealing with Abuse Allegations

If the Offender states that he/she was offended by a person, you should go and speak with the alleged offender (unless that person was convicted of stated abuse) and record what they state.

"If that person denies any abuse, then you need to advise the court of this and can do so by merely stating The offender alleges abuse of XYZ, by a relative – member of the community – we spoke with that person and they deny the allegation.

Or, if true, but the person doesn't want to identify the perpetrator we can say that the Offender refuses to identify the person and possible say it was a ‘family member, previous care provider, a person in a place of trust etc...’

Remember, you cannot provide definitive answers you must be clear about this and let the Court draw their own conclusions.”

Download Worksheet

» Carl Wind Interview Questions (Block 2) (PDF)